How much money do you lose when you sell a house?
When you sell your house, it is important to understand the costs that eat away at your profits:
- Broker/agent commissions: 5% to 6% (typically split between the listing agent and the buyer's agent)
- Pre-listing repairs: 1% - 5%
- Staging: $300 - $600 consultation fee, $400 - $600 per month per room
- Post-inspection concessions: 1% to 3%
- Closing costs: 1% - 2% for items including transfer and recordation tax if split between Buyer and Seller
When you add it all up, it can easily cost you over 10% to sell your house the traditional way. We believe you should be able to sell your house AS IS for ZERO commission and limit the transaction costs to a low fixed fee. OfferMarket is an AS IS, commission-free home sale platform.