How To Sell A House That Is Isn't Selling
Selling a house on your own (For Sale By Owner) is not easy. It's easy to waste a lot of time and lose out on thousands of dollars if you are not able to make qualified, motivated buyers aware of your property.
there are some important things to understand in order to successfully get your house sold for a competitive price.
When a house isn't selling, it's important to take a step back and use a data-driven approach to understand why and then make the necessary adjustments.
Data points to analyze:
- How many people are viewing your listing?
- How many people are interacting with your listing (i.e. saves, likes)?
- How many inquiries have you received?
- How many buyers have toured the property?
- How many offers have you received?
- If offers have been received, where are they in relation to asking price?
- Are there any recent comps (sold or new listings) that make your asking price unattractive?
Objective items to consider:
- What feedback have buyers or their agents provided? Actively work to collect this information as it will help to uncover objections that you can take action to address.
- Is the property unique (non-standard) and therefore only relevant to a small pool of buyers?
- How much data is provided on your listing (i.e. MLS, OfferMarket) and is anything set incorrectly that would filter out your listing from would-be buyers?
- Do pictures and 3D home tour poorly represent the property? If so, does it make sense to re-do pictures and even stage the property?
- Where are you listing the property? Are you effectively drumming up interest on social media?
Once you evaluate the above information you will have a clear understanding of what needs to be done in order to make it more attractive. This may be lowering the price, touching up the property or addressing more major issues based on feedback received. Taking it off the market for a few weeks and then re-listing will send fresh alerts to buyers and agents and renew their interest.
Avoid the common mistakes that lead to lost time and money when selling your house by owner. You have home selling greatness inside of you. Our commission-free for sale by owner marketplace will help you unleash your inner home sale superhero.